Bottom blasting is one of our specialty services offered at MDI. Bottom blasting removes all bottom paint, whether it be dried, cracked, or years of paint layer build up. It will also help reveal any hull imperfections that need to be repaired. The blasting process leaves a paint ready surface, without damaging the gel coat. We use different types of media to ensure the best outcome for your vessels bottom. We use baking soda, walnut shells, corn cob, and crushed or recycled glass.
The bottom blasting service is a mobile service, we come to you whether your boat is in a marina on land or your backyard. We are fully licensed and insured. Our staff is instructed and certified on how to handle all machinery.
Blasting services include:
- preparation of area and boat to leave the clean area.
- application of blasting tape in order to remove all paint near the waterline
- full ground and vessel encapsulation to prevent airborne or dust contamination from and paint residue.
- taping and closing all vents.
- running gear will also be treated
- blasting of bottom paint leaving a paint ready surface
- cleaning of the area once the job is complete
- removal of all debris once complete